Yarraman Oaks Primary Kindergarten is managed on behalf of the City of Greater Dandenong by a community based Committee of Management which is responsible for the employment of staff and the day to day running of the centre. The City of Greater Dandenong services a community of over 70 nationalities, therefore working with and understanding the different cultures is of significance to the centre.
- To provide opportunity for open communication between staff and families.
- To invite active involvement from all families.
- To appreciate and nurture the different cultures of the families attending the centre.
- To promote ongoing staff training and facilitate feedback to the centre.
- To accept students and volunteers, ensuring professional conduct.
- To encourage families to become an integral part of our centre by being members of our Management Committee.
The Committee meets at least once a term and is responsible for the decision making process and the management of the centre. The Committee is elected at the Annual General Meeting. All positions are on a voluntary basis. The committee’s roles and responsibilities include:
- Organising and maintaining the centre (including finances)
- Encouraging parent interest and involvement
- Organising fundraising and working bee days, to assist with operation of the centre
- Complying with the relevant laws, regulations and policies.